Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Parable of the Toilet Paper

One time on social media, I read a discussion on which way the toilet paper roll should be placed in the TP holder; so the paper comes over the top or under the roll. I’d never given this much thought. I just did it how my family did it in my home growing up; with the paper coming down under the roll. I decided to give it a test and tried it both ways trying to determine which way I thought was best.
After a few weeks, my unscientific study determined that it was easier to use if it came over the top! This is different that I had down my whole, entire life! I was wrong! I had an epiphany that there was another way, other than my way that was better. I needed to do some repenting and forgiving of myself and others.
Now the parable: I realized that I could be wrong about something.  I was humbled. What a blessing that I have such a patient husband who let me be right most of the time in our marriage! This experience changed my way of thinking and acting. What a great lesson for our kids to learn earlier than my older years.
It is no doubt that they will learn this lesson on their missions as they are placed with different companions, who have different ways of doing things. Hopefully, they will learn this before they get married and find out that there are two ways to do everything…and you may not always be right.
The age old advice, to never go to bed angry is still great advice! Be the first to say, you’re sorry.

I ask for your forgiveness for the many times that I may have offended anyone here today. I have a repentant heart.  I have been humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment