Sunday, March 24, 2013

Have I Done Any Good in the World Today?

Earlier this week, I enjoyed watching a music video that someone else had shared on Facebook. I enjoyed the words and music so much that day, that I shared in on my Facebook page with the question, "Well, have you?" This is the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIeA_5yYgB4

I didn't give much thought to it, other than I needed the reminder, because I hadn't given much service lately. Yesterday, as I thought back on my week, I realized that I guess I had done a little service.


Wednesday, I took my school class to the Soup Kitchen to prepare and serve a meal for the homeless and downtrodden. My students love going and it is a great experience. We usually go about twice a year. I have my regular 'friends' there who make a deal about us coming and look forward to our visits each year.

Let's see, I also bought girl scout cookies, donated to the Special Olympics, supported the DHHS boys soccer team who were doing a car wash fundraiser and spent most of the day Saturday helping my friend set up and decorate for her daughters wedding reception and another daughters mission farewell, the same weekend.

Dan spent six hours, yesterday, helping another young man complete his Eagle Scout Project. He has helped about ten this year with their projects. Although as a youth, he never had a chance to earn his Eagle, because his family moved around so much, he has more than made up for that, probably assisting over 50 young men with projects over the years!

Days of service are my favorite! The blessings that come to you through your service, always out weigh the hard work that is sometimes involved. So as I reflect back on the question that I posed earlier this week, "have I done any good in the world today?" Yeah, I guess I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment