Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Return and Report

In John 17 Christ offers the great intercessory prayer. In the first part of his prayer, Jesus described the things he had done toward fulfilling his mission. How might if affect our actions if each night we included in our prayers a report of our efforts to serve him during that day?

The church is really set up on this Return and Report pattern. In the temple we are shown this pattern, in the Priesthood and auxiliary programs it is followed, and we should do the same thing with our prayers. Every morning I check in and kind of give an over view and pray for help and guidance in my days activities. Then at the close of the day, I report in my evening prayer how I did. I try not to forget to give thanks for the help that I am given. Knowing that I need to give this daily report helps me to try my hardest to live a satisfactory life and accomplish my daily goals.

Try the Return and Report method in your prayers and hopefully you'll find greater accomplishment and live closer to our Father's commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment